University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

U of I Graduate and Professional Students

Graduate students often go abroad for study, research and practical experiences via connections within their college. While most U of I affiliated programs are designed for undergraduate students, many have opportunities for graduate students as well. Depending on what you want to do, you may be able to study or do research at an affiliated partner or participate in an exchange program. Search U of I affiliated programs here.

U of I policy on international travel requires all U of I students to register their international travel or experience abroad with the International Programs Office. Education Abroad assists with risk management year-round, helps with pre-departure preparedness, and coordinates with the Registrar’s office and the Financial Aid Office for students to be properly registered and able to utilize their aid when available.

If you need assistance, please contact Education Abroad in the International Programs Office at

Specific program/experience applications can be found for each type listed below here:

  • Law Study Abroad

  • Graduate Research/Field Work/Internship Abroad

  • Graduate Study Abroad

  • Attend a Conference/Meeting Abroad

Whether you are looking for funding to go abroad a first time or go abroad again, many organizations support undergraduate and graduate students in their international endeavors See more details on our Financing Your International Experience page.

If you are looking for internship, volunteer or work  experiences abroad, see the Other International Opportunities page.

Physical Address:
901 Paradise Creek Street
LLC #3, Ground Floor

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1250
Moscow, ID 83844-1250

Phone: 208-885-7870

Fax: 208-885-2859