Honors Program Curriculum
University Honors Program Requirements for all students admitted to UHP for fall 2021 or later.
- Attend an honors new student orientation session in fall
- Complete 21 honors credits and maintain a 3.3 U of I GPA
- May use up to 2 Honors Course Contracts for no more than 6 honors credits towards the required 21 honors credits.
- Complete HON ENGL 102
- Incoming students who already completed ENGL 102 before coming to U of I or tested out of it must pass a 200-level or higher non-honors ENGL course at U of I.
- Complete 1 approved Engaged Learning Experience
- The approved list of engaged learning experiences can be found on our webpage.
- Choose to complete either an Honors Thesis or an Honors Portfolio
- Students will enroll in HON INTR 454 for 3 honors credits (repeatable) and HON INTR 440 for 1 honors credit (non-repeatable) for at least 4 honors credits altogether towards the 21 honors credit requirement.
- Submit an internal program completion form before graduation