ECHO Idaho is an educational resource empowering healthcare professionals in Idaho’s remote or underserved communities to treat complex chronic diseases with specialist-level expertise. Clinicians statewide join ECHO Idaho using video conferencing for one-hour sessions that include brief lectures, case reviews, resource sharing and discussion.
Sessions are conveniently scheduled and participants can earn free accredited continuing education credits. In this way, ECHO Idaho revolutionizes healthcare education and exponentially increases workforce capacity to provide best practice specialty care and reduce health disparities.
If you are a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, nurse, pharmacist, psychologist, counselor, social worker or other healthcare or social service professional who wants to improve your skills, then ECHO trainings are for you.
Ready to get started? Register to receive agendas, resources and information to join ECHO sessions.
Download 2021 program flyers for behavioral health education, substance use disorder education and infectious disease education.
People need access to specialty care for their complex health conditions.
There aren’t enough specialists to treat everyone, especially in rural areas.
ECHO® trains clinicians to provide specialty care.
Patients get the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
What are the benefits?
- Professional Development: Participants gain new skills and competencies for managing patients.
- Creating Community: Clinician teams can increase professional satisfaction and decrease isolation, thus creating a sense of community.
- Increased Patient Satisfaction: Patients can continue to work with their trusted clinician instead of traveling long distances to be seen by a specialist.
- Improved Quality of Care: Healthcare professionals who participate in ECHO increase their knowledge and self-efficacy.
- No-Cost Accredited Continuing Education: ECHO Idaho offers free accredited continuing education credits (CE). CE credit is available for participating in live sessions only, not for watching recorded sessions. To learn about a session's CE offerings, claim CE and provide feedback please log in to Eeds continuing medical education software. To learn more about the University of Idaho, WWAMI’s continuing education accreditation and offerings, visit our CE webpage.