- First date to file FAFSA for the following academic year
- Award notifications begin for new students January 1. Watch your VandalMail for notification and login to VandalWeb to review financial aid awards.
New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is January 7, 2019 for students starting at University of Idaho in the spring semester.
March & April
Attend UIdaho Bound - March 22-23 and 29-30
- Accept your scholarship and financial aid package sent in late March.
- Register for Greek recruitment or reserve your room in the residence halls.
- Make hotel reservations for your family for move-in at the start of school
Verify your Enrollment
- Notify other schools about your choice to become a Vandal.
- Watch your mail and VandalMail for information about registering for New Student Orientation.
Verify your University Housing
- June 14 and 21- UIdaho Bound
- Send all final transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- If you haven't already, register for Greek recruitment or reserve your room in the residence halls.
- Make sure your family has hotel reservations for move-in at the start of school. Rooms fill up fast!
Prepare for Academics
- July 12 - UIdaho Bound
- Order textbooks online.
- Watch for your university billing in the mail and on VandalWeb.
Last Minute Preparation
- Pay all university fees before the first day of classes.
- Aug 14-21 - Sorority and Fraternity Recruitment.
- Aug 22 - Check into your residence hall.
- Aug 22-25 - Attend New Student Orientation.
Find Financial Aid
From scholarships to student work study, learn about your options.