Expedited Graduate Admissions Program
As a current or former U of I student, we are excited to be able to offer you an expedited admissions process which only requires a minimum 3.0 GPA and a Statement of Purpose. The application fee and letters of recommendation will be waived. If you are interested in graduate work in your field of study, please take advantage of this opportunity to start your graduate program at U of I.
To apply using the expedited process to the following programs, please use this application.
- Accounting M.Acct.
- Adult Organizational Learning and Leadership M.S.
- Anthropology M.A.
- Applied Economics M.S. (must have a bachelors degree in: Ag. Econ. Econ., Stats., Math., Engr.)
- Architecture M.Arch. (must have a degree in Arch. or IAD)
- Biological Engineering M.Engr.
- Chemical Engineering M.Engr.
- Chemistry M.S.
- Civil Engineering M.Engr.
- Computer Engineering M.Engr.
- Computer Science M.S.
- Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed., Ed.S.)
- Curriculum and Instruction, plus Certification (M.Ed. + Cert.)
- Electrical Engineering M.Engr.
- Entomology M.S.
- Environmental Science M.S.
- Geography M.S.
- History M.A.
- Landscape Architecture M.L.A. (must have a degree in IAD, Arch., Landscape)
- Mechanical Engineering M.Engr.
- Movement and Leisure Sciences M.S.
- Natural Resources - Integrated Natural Resources (M.N.R.)
- Natural Resources - Fire Ecology and Management (M.N.R.)
- Natural Resources - Restoration Ecology and Habitat Management (M.N.R.)
- Nuclear Engineering M.Engr.
- Physical Education M.Ed.
- Physics M.S.
- Soil and Land Resources – Must have UG degree in Ag or CNR
- Special Education M.Ed.
- Theatre M.F.A. – Pedagogy
- Water Resources M.S.
Admission to the graduate program does not come with any promise of funding or financial assistance. All decisions on funding or financial support come from the departments and questions about support should be directed to the Director of Graduate Studies in the department. COGS will notify your program of your application immediately and you should receive a communication from the Director of Graduate Studies in your selected program.