Conditional admission may be granted to applicants who qualify academically, but have not yet achieved U of I's minimum English language requirements for full admission.
Students granted conditional admission must enroll in University of Idaho's American Language and Culture Program (ALCP) to achieve the minimum language requirement and achieve the academic department’s English language requirement prior to being granted full admission and commencing their degree program. If the required level of language proficiency is not achieved within a two-year time period, applicants may petition to continue in the ALCP, and will need to reapply for admission with the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Our graduate programs are highly competitive and therefore may not be able to accept students in the conditional admission category.
- Successful completion of Advanced Level Courses in U of I’s American Language and Culture Program (ALCP) substitutes for the minimum TOEFL requirement (79).
- Students seeking conditional admission must submit all international application materials.
- Some programs/departments require submission of additional documents. Contact the department to which you are applying to determine if there are additional requirements.
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Landscape Architecture
- Master Natural Resources (M.N.R.)
- Natural Resources (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Movement and Leisure Science
- Physical Education
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Science
- Secondary Education
- Soil & Land Resources
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Theatre Arts
- Water Resources