- Fall Semester (August to December): May 1
- Spring Semester (January to May): October 1
- Summer Session (Begins mid-May): March 15
- Priority Deadline for Scholarships: February 1
The priority date to apply for a scholarship is February 1 of each year for an award to begin the subsequent fall semester. By submitting an application for the University of Idaho on or before the priority date, students will also be automatically considered for departmental merit scholarships.
Tuition waiver scholarships for the subsequent fall semester may be awarded to students who apply after the February 1 priority date if there is additional funding available. However, those who comply with the priority date of February 1 will be given first priority.
Scholarships may be available for students who apply to enter during the spring semester if funds remain after the fall awards are assigned. First priority is given to students who enter in the fall semester.
- Fall Semester (August to December): February 1
- Spring Semester (January to May): September 1
- Summer Session (Begins mid-May): February 1
Priority consideration for awarding College of Graduate Studies tuition waivers will be given to applicants who meet those deadlines by submitting all requirements by the deadline.
Note for International Applicants: To provide time for evaluation, for notice of admission status to reach the applicant, and for USICE requirements to be met for issuance of a student visa, applications and credentials should be received by the Graduate Admissions Office no later than the following dates:
- For Fall Semester: May 1
- For Spring Semester: October 1
- For Summer Session: March 15
Applications received after the deadlines but before the official start of the semester for which the applicant is seeking entry will be accepted only if additional students can be accommodated.