Asparagus Stuffed JalapenJOES
Asparagus and chive cream cheese stuffed jalapenos combine cream with crunch. These delightfully delicious appetizers will delight the Thanksgiving crowd!
From the Kitchen of Paula Aubrey and Jacob Hohenshelt
Serving Size: 1 stuffed jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons avocado or vegetable oil
- ½ cup asparagus, diced
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup chive and onion cream cheese
- 5 medium jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- Butter, melted
1 sheet Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Heat skillet over medium heat.
2. Add oil to skillet and heat.
3. Sauté asparagus in heated skillet until tender, about 6 minutes or until tender. If desired, add pepper to taste.
4. In medium bowl, mix sautéed asparagus and cream cheese.
5. Cut jalapenos in half from end to end. Remove seeds. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment.
6. Slice puff pastry into ½ inch strips.
7. Stuff the halved jalapenos with the cream cheese and asparagus mixture, about 1 tablespoon of mixture per halved jalapeno.
8. Wrap jalapenos with a thin strip of puff pastry in a spiral fashion. Overlap at ends and use water to connect as needed.
9. Place jalapenos on cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
10. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese mixture is brown at edges and bubbly.
11. Cool, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Data (per serving):
Serving size: 1 stuffed jalapeno
Number of servings: 8
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Trans Fat: 0g