Swiss Twist Biscuit
This buttery biscuit has a Swiss twist… Perfect for spreading some Vandal pride, these golden biscuits cover all the bases: melt in your mouth Swiss cheese, smoky prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and aromatic garlic and chives.
From the Kitchen of Hannah Safe and Danielle Payne
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- ½ cup dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup chives, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- ½ cup prosciutto, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 oF
2. Dice tomatoes, chives and garlic.
3. Shred cheese and cut prosciutto into bite size pieces.
4. Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Cut in butter and mix until dough is crumbly.
6. Add prosciutto, chives, swiss cheese, tomatoes and garlic to dough and mix until evenly dispersed.
7. Add half of milk and mix, then add remaining milk until a wet sticky dough forms.
8. Drop 12 heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a greased baking sheet leaving about an inch between each biscuit.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve hot with butter.
Nutrition Data (per serving):
Calories: 215 per biscuit
Fat: 12.6 g
Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
Trans Fat: 0.5 g
Carbohydrates: 17.8 g
Protein: 7.6 g