Black and Gold Fusion Quiche
This quiche is a blend of common Thanksgiving table leftover ingredients united in a practical way to repurpose Thanksgiving food. We developed this recipe to illustrate the spirit of the Vandal community. Although we may be very different, together we create something better.
From the Kitchen of Claire Manley and Alex Tobosa
- Servings: 8
- Serving size: 1 slice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted turkey breast, cut into preferred size
- 1/2 cup of cooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 9” frozen, deep dish, Pillsbury pie crust
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dice sweet potatoes and sweet onion into 1/2 in cubes.
- Toss vegetables with 1 tablespoon olive oil until evenly coated.
- Place vegetables in rimmed baking pan in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables for 30 minutes, stir, return to oven and continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill deep dish pan with roasted vegetables, turkey, bacon, and black beans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, cup of milk and salt and pepper.
- Pour contents of bowl into pie pan until nearly filled.
- Cover surface of quiche with grated cheese.
- Place pie pan on a metal rimmed baking sheet to catch any excess drippings during baking process.
- Bake quiche for 50 min, cut into center to check for doneness. Edges should be set and center firm.
Nutrition Data (per serving)
- Calories 363, Protein 16 g, Carbohydrate 30 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Sodium 660 mg