Vandal Victory Pumpkin Pancakes
By Ashlee Eskelsen and Jeni Dillon
Our “Vandal Victory Pumpkin Pancakes” are a delicious surprise to wake up to the day after Thanksgiving. When all the guests are at the house, impress them with this tasty twist on a breakfast and keep the festivities alive. The pumpkin in the pancakes, enhanced with cinnamon and nutmeg, add depth to the flavor profile and richness to the texture. Cranberries, from whole cranberry sauce, add a hint of deep red and a sweet poignant taste. This complements the simple cranberry syrup that can be used as an addition to this gourmet meal. Whether you are shopping at after-Thanksgiving sales or going out for a game of football, our “Vandal Victory Pumpkin Pancakes” will ensure that your breakfast is a success!
- Yield: 6 pancakes (serves 2)
- Griddle: 350⁰F
- Cook: 3-5 minutes
- 1 cup pancake mix of your choice
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ rolled oats
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup quick cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Mix pancake mix, water, nutmeg, cinnamon, rolled oats, and canned pumpkin together in a bowl until a lumpy consistency is obtained.
- Reheat cranberry sauce with about 1 tablespoon water. Drain berries and rinse, reserving sauce in a separate bowl. Mix cranberry sauce with maple syrup and a pinch of cinnamon.
- For each pancake, ladle 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon berries. Flip pancake when it releases easily from pan; continue cooking until golden brown.
- Serve with butter, if desired, and reserved syrup.