Vandal Gold Polenta Crusted Yams
A fun twist on a traditional yam side dish in 5 simple ingredients!
From the Kitchen of Haley Smith
Size: 1/2 cup
Vegetarian, gluten free
- 2 yams, sliced (if preferred, peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup polenta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven 400 F.
2. Soak sliced yams for at least five minutes while preparing the crust.
3. Polenta Crust: combine brown sugar, polenta, and chopped pecans in a bowl.
4. Grease a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. To coat the potatoes in the crust, remove a slice of yam from the water, shaking off excess, place it in the bowl of crust mixture and coat both sides. Place coated yam on greased baking sheet. Repeat until all slices are on baking sheet.
6. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over potatoes on pan.
7. Bake at 400 F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Data (per ½ cup serving):
Calories: 301 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0
Sodium: 68 mg