Vandals vs. Bengals Food Fight - Canned Food Drive
U of I has challenged Idaho State University to a Food Fight. The two universities will work together to collect food for their respective campus food banks. The winning campus will have bragging rights until 2021’s drive.
Simple rules in a game that benefits those in our state who are food-insecure or those who are uncertain of when food will be available. People who are food insecure deal with daily stress of not knowing if they or their families will have meals. This stress and lack of nutrition leads to difficulty concentrating, lower immunity to illness, and increased depression. According to Feeding America, one in eight Idahoans is food insecure.
Help us fight food insecurity in Idaho!
Food Fight Canned Food Drive begins on Thursday, October 1 through Saturday, October 31.
Moscow drop off/bin locations
- VandalStore, Moscow
- Moscow Food Co-Op
- Office of Alumni Relations, 1212 Blake Ave, Moscow
- Moscow Chamber of Commerce, 411 S. Main Street, Moscow
- Pitman Center, Moscow
- ISUB, Moscow
- Best Western Plus University Inn, 1516 Pullman Road, Moscow
- Rosauers, 411 N. Main Street, Moscow
Most needed items:
- Fruits canned in juice or extra light syrup
- Canned vegetables
- Whole grain pasta
- Brown rice
- Cooking oils
- Baking powder, baking soda
- Canned or dried beans
- Canned meals
- Nut butters
- Milk alternatives (boxed or canned)
- Personal care items (toilet paper, diapers, toothpaste/toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, deodorant)
- Tomato products (reduced sodium)
Donated items will be collected by campus food banks benefitting students at the University of Idaho and Idaho State University.