Parking & Transportation
Student Handbook A-Z Directory
Parking & Transportation
Bicycle stands are located around the Idaho Water Center and the Idaho Law and Justice Center. In addition, students with assigned work spaces in the Idaho Water Center building may park their bikes in the bike cage located in the parking garage beneath the building. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the code. Bicycles are not allowed inside the buildings.
Boise GreenBikes are available for rent by the Idaho Water Center, the Integrated Design Lab and the Idaho Law and Justice Learning Center. In addition, Boise GreenBike is offering all U of I faculty, staff and students free annual memberships, covering one hour of free riding/day (any additional time, bike rentals, locking outside a station hub or the system area, damage to a bike or stolen bike will be charged to your GreenBike account, U of I is not responsible for these charges). To set up your account visit Boise GreenBike and set up a U of I plan with the Social Bicycles widget.
If you are already a Boise GreenBike member you will need to go into your account through socialbicycles.com and change your email address to a U of I email address, then unsubscribe. Then you can go to the portal listed above and re-subscribe as a U of I community member. If there is value in the existing account, it remains until used.
Full-time U of I students, faculty and board appointed staff are eligible for free bus passes through Valley Ride. Contact University of Idaho Boise Operations at email@example.com or 208-364-4001 for details.
The Idaho Water Center and Ada County Courthouse Parking Garages
- First hour of parking is free, $1 per hour for additional hours.
- Parking is free after 6:30 p.m., and on weekends and federal holidays.
- Contact 208-336-0821 for more information.
Boise State University Parking
- Students can purchase a BSU student parking permit in the East Reserve lot. BSU shuttles are free. Check the current rates. Contact U of I Boise Operations for further information if interested in this option.
Idaho Law and Justice Learning Center
- Students can purchase a BSU student parking permit in the East Reserve lot. BSU shuttles are free. Check the current rates.
- On-street parking meters; we encourage you to download the ParkMobile app.
- Three-hour visitor parking spots on site.
Please note: University of Idaho parking is not available in surrounding businesses parking lots.