The University of Idaho Marketing team comprises professional marketers and advertisers dedicated to helping you meet your goals through: strategic and creative message (visual and written word) development; channel, market and audience research and analysis; and collateral distribution and advertising placement. The marketing arm of University Communications and Marketing (UCM) increases university brand awareness and visibility, separating U of I from its competitors and contributing to enrollment and donation growth.
Marketing is more than just advertising and differs from communication. Typically externally focused, the marketing team develops communication plans that influences a target audience and achieves clear objectives. With an approach that is half art and half science, the team designs strategies and messaging that propel audiences toward a desired action, measures success with metrics, and optimizes for greater success down the line.
The Marketing team assists you with:
- Goal-oriented marketing plans and campaigns
- Traditional and digital advertising buys, message development and placement
- Audience identification and strategic message development and testing
- Outreach sponsorships and experiential marketing
- Direct marketing campaign development, such as email and print campaigns to a target audience
- Content marketing initiatives, such as social media strategy and web experience development
- Brand voice and message guidance
- Key performance indicator (KPI) development
- Campaign optimization, reporting and analytics
- Signature event promotions and support
To get started, contact your Marketing team member.