Dean, Associate Professor
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2481
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2481
Dr. Corry is an associate professor and Dean of the College of Art and Architecture at the University of Idaho. She earned two graduate degrees from Washington State University, an Interdisciplinary PhD focusing on Environment & Behavior and an M.A. focusing on Interiors, and completed a B.S. in Housing and Interiors from Utah State University. Dr. Corry taught at North Dakota State University where she served as Interior Design and Facility Management Program Coordinators. She has been with the University of Idaho since 2001 serving as interim associate dean, head of the Interior Design Program and Athena president. Dr. Corry is currently a director on the Interior Design Educators Council Foundation (IDECF) and served as Pacific West Regional Chair (IDEC).
Dr. Corry chaired the Idaho Historic Site Review Board for the National Registrar of Historic Places, served on the Fair and Affordable Housing Commission for the city of Moscow, and has received the University of Idaho Hoffman Excellence in Teaching Award, Outreach and Engagement Award of Excellence, and eight Alumni Awards of Excellence for student mentorship from the University of Idaho.
Ph.D. Interdisciplinary/Environment and Behavior Washington State University, 2002
M.A. Home Economics/Interior Design Washington State University, 1990
B.S. Household Economics and Management/Housing and Interiors Utah State University, 1984
- Universal design
- Social and cultural responsibility in design
- Environment and behavior
- Facility planning and work place environment
- History and theory of interiors
- Service learning
- Corry Hernandez, Shauna. “Oneida Stake Academy Cultural Center” [Preston, Idaho], SAH Archipedia, eds. Gabrielle Esperdy and Karen Kingsley, Charlottesville: UVaP, 2012—. http://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/ID-01-041-0046.
- Corry Hernandez, Shauna. “Paris Idaho Stake Tabernacle” [Paris, Idaho], SAH Archipedia, eds. Gabrielle Esperdy and Karen Kingsley, Charlottesville: UVaP, 2012—. http://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/ID-01-007-0044.
- Cerrutti, M., Richardson, C., and Corry, S. (2018). The influence of engaging interior environments on the blood donation experience. Human Centered Design 2018 IDEC Annual Conference Proceedings. Boston, MA. pp 321-322.
- Corry, S. (2017). Creating home in Minidoka: Furniture making in a Japanese American internment camp. Design + Knowledge IDEC Conference: A Celebration of Design, Research and Education 2017 IDEC Annual Conference Proceedings. Chicago, IL. March 8-11. p. 530.
- Sanford, J. and Corry Hernandez, S. (2017). Universal Design, Aging in Place and Habilitation Design. In Kopec, D. Health and Wellbeing for Interior Architecture. Routledge. pp. 137- 147.
- Corry Hernandez, S. J. (2016). Introduction. In J.C. Turpin (Ed.). Virtual Issue: Journal of Interior Design Social Justice. Online ISSN: 1939-1668.
- Kumar, M. & Corry, S. (2016). A new way of thinking: Teaching design management in an integrated college setting. Interior Design Matters IDEC Conference. Portland, OR. March 9-12.
- Corry Hernandez, S. (2015). Exploring the schism: Toward an empathetic language. In Asher-Thompson, J. & Blossom, N. Handbook of Interior Design. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Corry, S (2014). A sense of home in topaz – Placemaking in a Japanese American incarceration camp. Transitions 34th Great Basin Anthropological Conference. P. 78. Boise, ID.October 15-18.
- Troy Seventh-Day Adventist Church
- City of Moscow Eggan Youth Center
- Cottonwood Integrative Healthcare Facility
- Moscow Chamber of Commerce
- Latah County Library District
- AARP Idaho