2019 Art Exhibit Winners
The Art + Design Program presents
ART SPEAKS TRUTH
28th Annual High School Art Exhibition
Feb. 19 - March 8, 2019
Ridenbaugh Gallery, U of I Moscow Campus
In high school we are learning about who we are. The theme for 2019, "Art Speaks Truth," provided an opportunity for students to be self-reflective or to be observational of their world. The theme could be interpreted literally, metaphorically, or whimsically.
Thank you to all our amazing participants! Winners are listed below.
Best in Show - $1000 CAA Scholarship and a $150 gift certificate
Kelsey Oliver-Connelly, Bishop Kelly High School
First Place - $150 gift certificate
Ashley Mundt, Post Falls High School
Second Place and Ednetics Inspire Award - $100 gift certificate
Paige Shumway, Middleton High School
Third Place - $75 gift certificate
Cielo Reyes Bustos, Blackfoot High School
- Abigail Alsop - Bishop Kelly High School - "Locked Drown"
- Aubrey Gardner - Blackfoot High School - "Lonely Mind"
- Anne Nygard - Boise Senior High - "Door to the World"
- Anne Fogelsong - Buhl High School - "A Gentleman And His Wife"
- Rachel Dick Clark - Fork High School - "Actions Speak Louder than Thoughts"
- Isabella Lucky - Coeur d'Alene Charter - "An Artist's Truth"
- Gwen Moses - Filer High School - "Art Speaks Truth"
- Oscar Sanchez - Glenns Ferry High School - "¿Mejor Vida?"
- Aliya Hamilton - Glenns Ferry High School - "Night Cruise"
- Abigail Robinson - Idaho Falls High - "Boy's Don't Cry"
- Mackenzie Marker - Kellogg High School - "Klouvia Alitheia"
- Ember Doherty - Kootenai High School - "Protected, In Agony"
- Kascity Gitto - Lakeside High School - "Untitled"
- Rylei Hass - Middleton High School - "Neutralization"
- Jennie Tafoya - Moscow Senior High School - "Passionate Guitarist"
- Kyle McCray - Mountain Home High School - "From Innocence to Adulthood"
- Genevieve Curry - Post Falls High School - "Crushing The Patriarchy"
- Sierra Chapman - Prairie High School - "A New Perspective"
- Carlie Strolberg - Renaissance High School - "The Halo Effect"
- Anna Grasham - Saint Maries High School - "A Rainy Day"
- Paget Stirzaker - Sandpoint High School - "Mata El Recuerdo"
- Angie Clark - Snake River High School - "Lives Start"
- Grace Beckley - Teton High School - "Wild cat on the prowl"
- Adeline Grace - Timberlake High School - "Putting the Pieces Together"
- Olivia Scharfen - Timberline High School - "self portrait"
- Ciera Milotz - Wallace Jr/Sr High School - "Self Confidence"
Thank you to our sponsors
Thank you to our judges
- Katrina Fekkes, MFA Graduate Student, Art + Design
- Theresa Lynch, MFA Graduate Student, Art + Design
- Robert Mann, MFA Graduate Student, Art + Design
- Ingrid Spence, Clinical Assistant Professor & Community Partnership Coordinator, College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
- Dongming Zhao, MFA Graduate Student, Art + Design