Hani El Hajj
Hani El Hajj
Interior Architecture and Design Program
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2481
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2481
Hani focuses on interior design workshops, design communication, freehand sketching, illustration, Residential and Commercial Design, and History of Interior Design. He has more than two decades of experience in interior architecture in the capacity of showroom sales associate, chief designer, and managing director serving the MENA region, Europe, and the USA. In addition to these roles, he has expertise in the field of interior architecture and brings a global lens on new trends in furniture, accessories, kitchen, bath and materials from regular attendance at national and international conferences. Hani is currently a design and administration consultant for an architectural and interior design firm overseas.
DESS (diplôme d'études superiéures spécialisées), Lebanese University, 1996
- History of interior and architecture
- Design communication
- Freehand sketching, and urban sketching
- Furniture and accessories national and international trade/logistics
- Community partnerships
- Member of the Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) (2019-Present) Member ID# 25375.
- Member of the American Society of Interior Designer (ASID) as a Regional Industry Partner ID# 1957556 (Pennsylvania West -36) (2014-2019)
- Engineering Accreditation Certificate. (2000-2020), Saudi Council of Engineers (PE-SCE) ID# 225451.
- Accreditation Certificate in Interior Design (1998 - 1999) Dubai Municipality- Government of Dubai, U.A.E.
Palouse Prairie Charter School / ID352 junior students, Moscow, Idaho
- The ID juniors’ studio embarked on designing the interior and landscape of the new school following extensive onsite explorations and dialogues.
Fifth Annual MLK Art & Essay Contest - UBUNTU / ID352 junior students
- Students created an artistic piece in the medium of their choice in response to a prompt about economic justice.
- Two students received first prize and honorable mention, respectively
Gritman Medical Center / ID451 senior students, Moscow, Idaho
- The model for this service-learning project morphed into an engaged community problem based design competition and a guided co-instruction and co-creation development.
Historic Hagan Building, downtown / ID451 senior students, Moscow, Idaho
- An outdoor Sculpture: ‘And Here We Have Idaho’, a gift & a tribute to the Hagan Building & the Williams Family.
Historic Liberty Theater / ID352 junior students, Lewiston, Idaho
- A community partnership that afforded engaging dialogues, imagination, creation, & advocacy around an adaptive reuse and a historic preservation by breathing new life into the iconic Liberty Theater in Lewiston.
Campus Christian Center / ID352 junior students, Moscow, Idaho
- This project asked the students to collaborate with an interdisciplinary group to work towards a design for the site. Landscape Design, Cohesion & connection between interior and exterior: Multi-use, accessibility, and private and public spaces. Establish wayfinding connections; develop branding of the space through systems.
Twin Larch Sanctuary Retreat / ID352 junior students, Moscow Mountain
- Idaho A speculative design to Provide a retreat atmosphere for live-in and one day small group sessions, a congenial setting for interuniversity collaboration, & to serve as an outdoor learning laboratory.
Fourth Annual MLK Art & Essay Contest - UBUNTU / ID352 junior students
- Students created an artistic piece in the medium of their choice in response to a prompt about equality and social, racial and ethnic justice.
- 2 students received first prize and honorable mention respectively