Landscape architecture students explore the creation of green infrastructure elements in many of the graduate and undergraduate courses. Students develop skills for planning, siting, and design of stormwater green infrastructure facilities as well as various other design facility types including: active transport, community-based design, and habitat. Students within studios and technical courses develop innovative approaches to the ecological planning and design of public space through green infrastructure techniques.
Specific courses that emphasize sustainability and/or resilience include:
- LARC 151 Introduction to the Built Environment
- LARC 380 Water Conservation Technologies
- LARC 340/440 Grading, Drainage, and Stormwater Management
- LARC 341/441 Structures and Materials for Landscape Architecture
- LARC 554 Graduate Studio 1 (Boise and Moscow)
- LARC 395/504 GIS Applications in Land Planning