Student Teaching and Internships
Explore student teaching and internship opportunities offered through the Department of Agricultural and Extension Education. For more information, contact James Connors.
Parma High School, Parma, ID
- Michelle Ball, student teacher and cooperating instructor Amy Nichols
Fruitland High School, Fruitland, ID
- Jemma Morrow, student teacher and cooperating instructors Troy Wright and Mike Tesnohlidek
Learn more about certification options, go to the Idaho State Department of Education’s website for requirements and apply for the Idaho Teacher Certification.
Admission to Teacher Education
Review program requirements below and learn more about teacher education programs offered through the Department of Agricultural and Extension Education.
- Complete 20 hours of service learning with children and/or youth
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Earn a minimum of a C in the following courses:
- English 102
- Communications 101
- University of Idaho core mathematics course
- EDCI 201 or FCS 210 for Early Childhood Education
- Obtain a signature from an authorized adviser
- Agree to a complete background check