Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist
Evergreen Building, Room 63
Twin Falls Research and Extension Center
315 Falls Avenue East
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Patrick performs evidence-based research and extension work on agricultural commodity markets with a focus on market structure and conditions for crops grown in Idaho.
Ph.D., Purdue University, 2016
M.S., Louisiana State University, 2010
A.B., Georgetown University, 2006
- Agricultural trade and marketing
- Agricultural policy and institutions
- Macroeconomics and agriculture
- Agricultural development
- Hatzenbuehler, P.L., P.C. Abbott, and T. Abdoulaye. 2017. “Price Transmission in Nigerian Food Security Crop Markets.” Journal of Agricultural Economics, 68(1): 143-163.
- Hatzenbuehler, P.L., P.C. Abbott, and K.A. Foster. 2016. “Agricultural Commodity Prices and Exchange Rates under Structural Change.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 41(2): 204-224.
- Hatzenbuehler, P.L., J.M. Gillespie, and C.E. O’Neil. 2012. “Does Healthy Food Cost More in Poor Neighborhoods? An Analysis of Retail Food Cost and Spatial Competition.” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, 41(1): 43-56.
- U.S. Borlaug Fellowship in Global Food Security, Center for Global Food Security at Purdue University, awarded fall 2013 and summer 2015
- Co-author, Article of the Year for 2012, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association