Department Chair and Professor
Ag & Extension Education, Room 101
Agricultural Education, Leadership & Communications
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2040
Moscow, ID 83844-2040
Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1992
M.S., Michigan State University, 1990
B.S., Michigan State University, 1984
- Foor, R. & Connors, J. J. (in press). Pioneers in an emerging field: Who were the early agricultural educators? Manuscript accepted for publication in the Journal of Agricultural Education.
- Connors, J. J., Falk, J. M., & Epps, R. B. (in press). Recounting the legacy: The history and use of FFA camps for leadership and recreation. Manuscript accepted for publication in the Journal of Agricultural Education.
- Wolf, K. J. & Connors, J. J. (2009). Winning the war: A historical analysis of the FFA during World War II. Journal of Agricultural Education, 50(2), 113-123.
- Connors, J. J. & Velez, J. (2008). The contributions of E.M. Tiffany and the FFA creed to leadership development within the FFA. Journal of Agricultural Education, 49(2), 98-107.
- Connors, J. J., Velez, J. J., & Swan, B. G. (2006). Leadership characteristics of outstanding seniors in a land-grant university college of agriculture. Journal of Leadership Education, 5(3), 93-109.
Jim Connors serves as the chair of the Department of Agricultural and Extension Education (AEE) in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. Connors formerly served as an AEE assistant professor from 1996-2000. In 2000, he became a member of the faculty in the Department of Human and Community Resource Development at Ohio State University before returning to Idaho.