Superintendent, Nancy M. Cummings Research, Extension and Education Center
Hall serves as the superintendent of the Nancy M. Cummings Research, Extension and Education Center, which functions as the University of Idaho’s primary cow/calf and forage research center. His program conducts applied research to enhance food production and sustainability of beef production operations.
- Animal identification systems
- Genetic improvement
- Reproductive efficiency
- Forage production
- Grazing practices
- Wulfhorst, J. D., S. Kane, J. K. Ahola, J. B. Hall, and R. A. Hill. 2012. "Producer Awareness and Perceptions about Feed Efficiency in Beef Cattle" In: Feed efficiency in beef cattle. R. A. Hill, editor. Chapter 3, pp 29-46.
- Kasimanickam, R., M. Asay, P. Firth, W.D. Whittier, J.B. Hall. 2012. Artificial insemination at 56 h after intravaginal progesterone device removal improved AI pregnancy rate in beef heifers synchronized with five-day CO-Synch controlled internal drug release (CIDR) protocol. Theriogenology 77: 1624–1631.
- Welch, C. M.; J. K. Ahola, J. B. Hall, G. K. Murdoch, D. H. Crews, Jr., J. I. Szasz, L. C. Davis, M. E. Doumit, W. J. Price, L. D. Keenan, R. A. Hill. 2012. Relationships among performance, residual feed intake, and product quality of progeny from Red Angus sires divergent for maintenance energy EPD requirements. J. Anim. Sci.: jas. 2012-5184; published ahead of print August 7, 2012, doi:10.2527/jas.2012-5184.
- McGee, M., J. B. Hall, W. Small, W. J. Price and R .A. Hill. 2012. Optimizing Feed Efficiency, Growth and Marbling in Wagyu Cattle. Prof. Anim. Scientist-Accepted; In Press Refereed Extension Publications
- Hall, J. B. 2012. Sexed Semen: The Newest Reproductive Technology for the Beef Industry. Cattlemen's Library- Western Beef Resource Committee — CL 455.
- Hall, J. B. and D. Gunn. 2012. Pregnancy Testing. Cattlemen's Library-Western Beef Resource Committee — CL 412 (revision).
- Johnson, S. K., R. N. Funston, J. B. Hall, G. C. Lamb, J. W. Lauderdale, D. J. Patterson, and G. A. Perry. 2012. Protocols for Synchronization of Estrus and Ovulation. Cattlemen's Library- Western Beef Resource Committee — CL 405.