Professor; Beef Extension Specialist; Cattle Management Lead, Rinker Rock Creek Ranch
The center is the University of Idaho’s primary cow/calf and forage research center. John’s program conducts applied research to enhance food production and sustainability of beef production operations.
- Animal identification systems
- Genetic improvement
- Reproductive efficiency
- Forage production
- Grazing practices
- Wulfhorst, J. D., S. Kane, J. K. Ahola, J. B. Hall, and R. A. Hill. 2012. "Producer Awareness and Perceptions about Feed Efficiency in Beef Cattle" In: Feed efficiency in beef cattle. R. A. Hill, editor. Chapter 3, pp 29-46.
- Kasimanickam, R., M. Asay, P. Firth, W.D. Whittier, J.B. Hall. 2012. Artificial insemination at 56 h after intravaginal progesterone device removal improved AI pregnancy rate in beef heifers synchronized with five-day CO-Synch controlled internal drug release (CIDR) protocol. Theriogenology 77: 1624–1631.
- Welch, C. M.; J. K. Ahola, J. B. Hall, G. K. Murdoch, D. H. Crews, Jr., J. I. Szasz, L. C. Davis, M. E. Doumit, W. J. Price, L. D. Keenan, R. A. Hill. 2012. Relationships among performance, residual feed intake, and product quality of progeny from Red Angus sires divergent for maintenance energy EPD requirements. J. Anim. Sci.: jas. 2012-5184; published ahead of print August 7, 2012, doi:10.2527/jas.2012-5184.
- McGee, M., J. B. Hall, W. Small, W. J. Price and R .A. Hill. 2012. Optimizing Feed Efficiency, Growth and Marbling in Wagyu Cattle. Prof. Anim. Scientist-Accepted; In Press Refereed Extension Publications
- Hall, J. B. 2012. Sexed Semen: The Newest Reproductive Technology for the Beef Industry. Cattlemen's Library- Western Beef Resource Committee — CL 455.
- Hall, J. B. and D. Gunn. 2012. Pregnancy Testing. Cattlemen's Library-Western Beef Resource Committee — CL 412 (revision).
- Johnson, S. K., R. N. Funston, J. B. Hall, G. C. Lamb, J. W. Lauderdale, D. J. Patterson, and G. A. Perry. 2012. Protocols for Synchronization of Estrus and Ovulation. Cattlemen's Library- Western Beef Resource Committee — CL 405.