The Range Economics program at the Caldwell Research and Extension Center focuses on range/ranch economics, production economics, public land policy, farm and ranch management and marketing.
Current projects include:
- Examining the factors influencing Western ranch values.
- Developing ranch-level economic models comparing the cost-effectiveness of strategies to restore sagebrush ecosystems.
- Policy recommendations for the Idaho Department of Lands grazing program.
- Assessment of the use of social/economic impact analysis by the Bureau of Land Management.
- Sustainability of Western rangeland, ranching and rural communities.