M.S. & Ph.D. Entomology
The Impact of Insects
This program will provide you with a deep understanding of insects and their impact on agriculture, human health and the environment. Under the guidance of a faculty mentor, students lead independent research with opportunities to conduct laboratory or field based projects in insect ecology and conservation, sustainable pest management in diverse cropping systems, biological control of weeds and insects and chemical ecology. Graduates are prepared for immediate opportunities in applied fields, or to continue into doctoral programs in entomology or related fields.
- We offer Idaho’s only M.S. and Ph.D. programs in entomology
- The Hubert C. Manis Laboratory offers isolated greenhouses for working with insects
- Research with modern molecular techniques in our new biotech wing
- Access to the William F. Barr Entomology Museum, with a vast collection of western insects
- Access to U of I’s research and extension centers