Curator and Manager of William F. Barr Entomological Museum
Luc Leblanc has many years of experience in the fields of insect taxonomy (especially Tephritidae and Ichneumonidae) and managing insect collections. He also lived and worked many years abroad, implementing plant protection-related projects in Africa (1989-1994) and the South Pacific Islands (1994-2002).
Ph.D., University of Hawaii (Manoa), 2010
M.S., Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 1988
B.S., McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1986
- Leblanc, L., M. San Jose, N. Barr, and D. Rubinoff. 2015. A phylogenetic assessment of the polyphyletic nature and intraspecific color polymorphism in the Bactrocera dorsalis complex (Diptera, Tephritidae). Zookeys. 540: 339-367.
- Leblanc, L., M. San Jose, M.G. Wright, and D. Rubinoff. 2015. Declines in biodiversity and the abundance of pest species across land use gradients in Southeast Asia. Submitted to Landscape Ecology. DOI 10.1007/s10980-015-0276-3
- Leblanc, L., S. Graham, S. McNeil, K. Pohlman, M. Dinneen, and B. Fujita 2014. Abundance and seasonal occurrence of pest fruit flies (Diptera: Tephritidae) in residential and rural areas of Oahu (Hawaiian Islands). Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. 46: 9-24.
- Leblanc, L., D. Rubinoff, and M.G. Wright. 2013. Conservation implications of changes in endemic Hawaiian Drosophilidae biodiversity across native, alien, and agricultural land use gradients. PLoS ONE 8(5): e62464. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0062464.
- Leblanc, L., E. Tora Vueti, and A.J. Allwood. 2013. Host plant records for fruit flies (Diptera: Tephritidae: Dacini) in the Pacific Islands: 2. Infestation statistics on economic hosts. Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. 45: 83-117.
- Leblanc, L., R.I. Vargas, and R. Putoa. 2013. From eradication to containment: invasion of French Polynesia by Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel) (Diptera: Tephritidae) and releases of natural enemies: a 17-year case study. Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. 45: 31-43.
- Leblanc, L., R.I. Vargas, and D. Rubinoff. 2010. Attraction of Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) and endemic and introduced nontarget insects to BioLure bait and its individual components in Hawaii. Environmental Entomology. 39: 989-998.
- Leblanc, L., D. Rubinoff, and R.I. Vargas. 2009. Attraction of nontarget species to fruit fly (Diptera: Tephritidae) male lures and decaying fruit flies in Hawaii. Environmental Entomology. 38: 1446-1461.
- Leblanc, L., E.T. Vueti, and A.J. Allwood. 2001. FAO/AusAID/UNDP/SPC Project on regional management of fruit flies in the Pacific. Terminal report (May 1997 - December 2000). Secretariat of the Pacific Community. Suva, Fiji. vi + 150pp.
- Leblanc, L. 1989. A taxonomic revision of the Nearctic species of Himerta (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae). Contributions of the American Entomological Institute. 27(3): 1-75.