Child, Family & Consumer Studies, B.S.F.C.S.
Serving Others, Shaping Lives
This program prepares you to work with families to create healthy, happy environments where children can develop and thrive. Study human development and behavior, with courses in parent-child relationships, nutrition and more. Build specialized skills to help families — especially those experiencing domestic violence, substance abuse, illness or grief — improve their quality of life.
- The Child Development Laboratory offers a real-world setting to practice and learn
- Access to current financial software for households or small businesses budgeting
- Join FCS Club to attend the annual state conference and meet professionals
- Intern at a hospital, community action agency, senior center and more
- Assist in a faculty member’s research project