Associate Dean of Academic Programs and Professor
Ag Science, Room 65
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2336
Moscow, ID 83844-2336
Ph.D., Michigan State University, East Lansing, 1994
M.S., South Dakota State University, 1989
B.S., Washington State University, 1987
- Beef quality
- Improve beef palatability
- Bates, R.O., M.E. Doumit, N.E. Raney, E.E. Helman, and C.W. Ernst. 2012. Association of halothane sensitivity with growth and meat quality in pigs. Animal 6:1537-1542.
- Cheguru, P., K.C. Chapalamadugu, M.E. Doumit, G.K. Murdoch, and R.A. Hill. 2012. Adipocyte differentiation-specific gene transcriptional response to C18 unsaturated fatty acids plus insulin. Pflugers Arch. 463:429-447.
- Thornton K.J., C.M. Welch, L.C. Davis, M.E. Doumit, R.A. Hill, and G.K. Murdoch. 2012. Bovine sire selection based on maintenance energy affects muscle fiber type and meat color of F1 progeny. J. Anim. Sci. 90:1617-1627.
- Welch C.M., J.K. Ahola, J.B. Hall, G.K. Murdoch, D.J. Crews Jr., L.C. Davis, M.E. Doumit, W.J. Price, L.D. Keenan, and R.A. Hill. 2012. Relationships among performance, residual feed intake, and product quality of progeny from Red Angus sires divergent for maintenance energy EPD. J. Anim. Sci. jas.2012-5184; published ahead of print August 7, 2012, doi:10.2527/jas.2012-5184.
- Bates RO, D.B. Edwards, C.W. Ernst, M.E. Doumit, and M. D. Hoge. 2011. Influence of finishing environment on pig growth performance and carcass merit. J. Swine Health Prod. 19(2):86–93.
- McDaneld, T.G., T.P Smith, M.E. Doumit, J.R. Miles, L.L. Coutinho, T.S. Sonstegard, L.K. Matukumalli, D.J. Nonneman and R.T. Wiedmann. 2009. MicroRNA transcriptome profiles during swine skeletal muscle development. BMC Genomics. 10:77-87.
- Ortiz-Colon, G., A.C. Grant, M.E. Doumit and D.D. Buskirk. 2009. Bovine intramuscular, subcutaneous, and perirenal preadipocytes express similar glucocorticoid receptor isoforms, but exhibit different adipogenic capacity. J. Anim. Sci. 87:1913-1920.
- Edwards, D.B., C.W. Ernst, N.E. Raney, M.E. Doumit, M.D. Hoge and R.O. Bates. 2008. QTL mapping in an F2 Duroc x Pietrain resource population: II. Carcass and meat quality traits. J. Anim. Sci. 86:254-266.
- Grant, A.C., G. Ortiz-Colón, M.E. Doumit, R.J. Tempelman, and D.D. Buskirk. 2008. Differentiation of bovine intramuscular and subcutaneous stromal-vascular cells exposed to dexamethasone and troglitazone. J. Anim. Sci. 86:2531-2538.
- Grant, A.C., G. Ortiz-Colon, M.E. Doumit and D.D. Buskirk. 2008. Optimization of in vitro conditions for bovine subcutaneous and intramuscular preadipocyte differentiation. J. Anim. Sci. 86:73-82.
- University of Idaho Alumni of Excellence Mentor for Will Loucks, 2012
- ASUI Outstanding Faculty Award, 2012
- R. M Wade Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, 2011
- Honored Guest, Block and Bridle Club, Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, 2010
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Disability Support Services, University of Idaho, 2009
- Distinguished Service Award, Block and Bridle Club, Michigan State, 2007