Associate Professor, Extension Specialist — Water Management Engineer
Ph.D., Purdue University, 1984
M.S., Kansas State University, 1976
B.S., Kansas State University, 1974
- Field measurement and modeling of crop water use and soil moisture movement
- Soil moisture monitoring equipment
- Improved irrigation water management strategies; flow hydraulics and erosion in irrigation furrows
- Design of buried drip irrigation systems
- Evaluation of seepage from dairy lagoons and recommended construction practices
- Howard Neibling, Christopher W. Rogers, and Zahid Qureshi. 2017. Scheduling the Final Irrigation for Wheat and Barley. University of Idaho Extension Bulletin 912. 7pp.
- Zhu, Xingye, R.T. Peters, and W.H. Neibling. 2016. Hydraulic Performance Assessment of LESA at Low Pressure. Irrig. and Drain. 65: 530-536
- Neibling, W.H., R.T. Peters and D. Stroh. 2015. A Mobile Sprinkler Test Carriage to Evaluate the Suitability of LEPA and LESA at New Sites. In: Proceedings of the joint ASABE/IA Irrigation Symposium. Nov. 10-12, 2015, Long Beach, CA.
- Peters, R.T., W.H. Neibling, and R. Stroh. 2015. Trials of Low Energy Spray Application (LESA) in the Pacific Northwest. In: proceedings of the joint ASABE/IA Irrigation Symposium. Nov. 10-12, 2015, Long Beach, CA.
- Neibling, H. 2016. Irrigation Strategies to Stretch Limited Water and Prevent Leaching. In: Proc. of the 2016 University of Idaho Extension Nutrient Management Conference. March 10, 2016, Jerome, ID 6pp.
- Hines, S. and W.H. Neibling. 2013. Center Pivot Irrigation for Corn: Water Management and System Design Considerations in Southern Idaho. University of Idaho Extension Bulletin 881. 10pp.
- Foster, S., B.Schultz, G.McCuin, H.Neibling, and G.Shewmaker. 2013. Soil Properties, Part 1 of 3: Physical Characteristics. Fact Sheet 13-02. University of Nevada Extension. 7pp.
- Peters, R.Troy, W. Howard Neibling and Tom Hoffman. 2012. Calculating chemigation injection rates. Washington State University Fact Sheet FS035E. 5pp.
- Contributing member of W2128 Multi-state research committee that received the national ESS Award for Excellence in Multistate Research.
- Received the 2010 Excellence in Extension Award by University of Idaho (a team award, I was lead on one chapter): for Pasture and Grazing Management in the Northwest PNW 614, 2010
- Received the 2010 Educational Materials Program “Certificate of Excellence” from the American Society of Agronomy for “Pasture and Grazing Management in the Northwest PNW 614” (a team award, I was lead on one chapter), 2010
- ASAE Blue Ribbon Award, Educational Aids Competition for “PAM – The Difference is Crystal Clear,” 8 minute videotape, W.H. Neibling and B. Beckman, 2001
- ASAE Blue Ribbon Award, Educational Aids Competition for “Save the Land, Protect the River,” 14 minute videotape, W.H. Neibling and B. Beckman, 1997
- Certificate of Excellence from American Society of Agronomy Educational Materials Contest for “Irrigation Scheduling Using Water-use Tables," Ashley, Neibling and King, 1996
- College of Agriculture "Outstanding Teaching Award" (selected by departmental faculty), 1991
- Missouri Section, American Society of Agricultural Engineers "Young Engineer of the Year," 1990
- College of Engineering "Outstanding Teaching Award" (selected by the graduating seniors in Agricultural Engineering), 1990