Department Head and Professor
Ag Science, Room 242A
Department of Soil and Water Systems
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2340
Moscow, ID 83844-2340
Jodi’s research is focused on climate change/variability and sustainable agriculture and the impacts of management on soil health.
Ph.D., University of California, Riverside, 1999
M.S., University of Idaho, 1995
B.S., University of California, Riverside, 1993
- Developing sustainable dryland farming rotations
- Nutrient cycling and availability in conventional and conservation systems
- Impacts of management on earthworms and soil physical properties
- Carbon cycling and storage
- Pan, W., W.F. Schillinger, F.L. Young, E.M. Kirby, G.G. Yorgey, K.A. Borrelli, E.S. Brooks, V.A. McCracken, T. McClellan Maaz, S. Machado, I.J. Madson, J.L. Johnson-Maynard, L.E. Port, K. Painter, D.R. Huggins, A.D. Esser, H.P. Collins, C.O. Stockle, S.D. Eigenbrode. 2017. Integrating historic agronomic and policy lessons with new technologies to drive farmer decisions for farm and climate: The case of inland Pacific Northwestern U.S. Front. Environ. Sci. doi:10.3389/fenvs.2017.00076
- McClellan Maaz, T., W.F. Schillinger, S. Machado, E. Brooks, J.L. Johnson-Maynard, L.E. Young, F.L. Young, I. Leslie, A. Glover, I.J. Madsen, A. Esser, H.P. Collins, W.L. Pan. 2017. Impact of climate change adaptation strategies on winter wheat and cropping system performance across precipitation gradients in the inland Pacific Northwest, USA. Front. Environ. Sci. doi:10.3389/fenvs.2017.00023
- Lehrsch, G.A., B. Brown, R.D. Lentz, J.L. Johnson-Maynard, A.B. Leytem. 2016. Winter and growing season nitrogen mineralization from fall-applied composted or stockpiled solid dairy manure. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 104:2:125-142.
- Graham, R.C., L.M Egerton-Warburton, P.F. Hendrix, P.J. Shouse, J.L. Johnson-Maynard, S.A. Quideau, P.D. Sternberg, J.A. Jobes, J.M. Breiner. 2016. Wildfire effects on soils of a 55-year-old chaparral and pine biosequence. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 80:2:376-394.
- Parsons, M.A., T.C. Barkley, J.L. Rachlow, J. Johnson-Maynard, T.R. Johnson, C. Milling, J. Hammel, and I. Leslie. 2016. Cumulative effects of an herbivorous ecosystem engineer in a heterogeneous landscape. Ecosphere. DOI: 10.1002/ecs2.1334.
- Walsh, C.L. and J.L. Johnson-Maynard. 2016. Earthworm distribution and density across a climatic gradient within the Inland Pacific Northwest cereal production region. Applied Soil Ecology 104:104-110.
- Johnson-Maynard, J.L. and D.G. Strawn. 2016. Linking physical and biogeochemical properties and processes in the drilosphere. Soil Science 99:94-103.
- Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences Advisor of the Year, 2007 and 2013, 2016
- Alumni Award for Excellence-Inspirational Mentor, 2015
- 2014-2015 Athena Woman of the Year Award, 2015
- Disability Support Services Outstanding Faculty Award, 2012
- Appointed to the Governor’s Carbon Sequestration Advisory Committee, 2002-2003