Invest in Your Future
From a strong foundation in financial theory to a senior year tailored to your area of interest, our degree in finance can be customized to launch your career.
You’ll learn about the underlying forces that shape today’s entire financial industry, as well as the individual career paths within it. These include:
- Financial analyst – analyze market, economic and accounting data to develop investment recommendations.
- Actuary – determine the financial consequences of uncertain future events, also known as risk, using math, statistics and theory.
- Market analyst – study market conditions and consumer behavior to advise companies on which products and services to sell, to which customers, and at what price.
- Financial trader – manage stocks, bonds, derivatives and currency trades for clients using up-to-date knowledge of market trends.
- Commodities trader – specialize in specific types of investments, such as agricultural commodities, oil and metals.
With a degree in finance from the University of Idaho, you will have the skills to understand and analyze markets, evaluate complex financials for firms, and manage clients’ exposure to risk. Our graduates have a track record of successful placements in financial institutions from here in Idaho to as far away as Wall Street, Chicago and San Francisco.
Barker Trading Program
Develop capital and risk management strategies and skills in the trading lab.
Manage funded portfolios while learning investment management and decision-making skills.
"CBE taught me how to learn: how to find information, get creative with resources and develop solutions to problems no one’s looked into."
John Billington '20, Analyst, Rice Dairy LLC
"Faculty expertise, along with hands-on experiences in multiple Vandal Student Enterprises, helped catapult me into a successful career."
Justin Marino '18, Senior Transactions Analyst, JLL Real Estate