Welcome to the University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene site for businesses and start-ups seeking to grow and prosper. The Coeur d’Alene Center works closely with U of I’s Office of Economic Development and Office of Technology Transfer. The economy in northern Idaho continues to diversify, with aerospace, healthcare, manufacturing and information technology leading the way. Partnerships between academia, the private and public sector, and non-profits is key to sustaining innovation and economic prosperity. The Coeur d’Alene Center provides the following programs:
- Collaboration opportunities with U of I faculty and students
- Access to resources that can assist with business planning and funding
- Volunteer opportunities to promote technology careers and mentor students in local schools
- Continuing professional development for business managers and executives
The LASR program accesses expertise at the University of Idaho and other institutions to solve business and technology challenges for corporate partners and business startups. LASR is an independent non-profit entity; its affiliation with UI enables efficient engagement of university expertise and resources to address corporate R & D problems. LASR projects are typically short term and timeline-driven, and benefit from dedicated project management and administrative support. LASR projects may be constructed so that resulting intellectual property can be developed and retained by the corporate partner. The laboratory offers state-of-the-art facilities and support staff at the UI Research Center in Post Falls.
For information about partnering with educators to encourage and support technology career paths, email Wanda Quinn at the University of Idaho.
The following organizations and programs promote technology careers and local learning opportunities:
Aligning with the needs of business and industry has become part of the goal of the University of Idaho’s Coeur d’Alene Center, with an emphasis on technical and management skills. We develop specific solutions to meet the needs of our partner companies and working professionals.
Get Connected: Business Resource Hub
Economic and business development web sites (mostly focused on the northern counties in Idaho, and the Spokane, Washington vicinity):
- Bonner County Economic Development Commission
- Clearwater Economic Development Association
- Coeur d’Alene Area Economic Development Corporation / Jobs Plus
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Impact Washington
- Ignite CDA
- Palouse Knowledge Corridor
- Panhandle Area Council
- Pend Oreille County Economic Development Council
- Idaho Small Business Development Center
- Washington Small Business Development Center
- U of I Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Coeur d'Alene Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Spokane Incorporated (Chamber)
- Hayden Chamber of Commerce
- Idaho Aerospace Alliance
- Idaho Bankers Association
- Idaho Technology Council
- Innovation Collective
- Inventors Association of Idaho
- McKinstry Innovation Center
- Inland Northwest Tech Pros Association
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Rathdrum Chamber of Commerce
To connect with resources on LinkedIn, see the list of groups on the Idaho Business Resources profile page.
The North Idaho College Small Business Development Center contains a statewide resource (PDF).
Contact Charles Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-292-1737 for up-to-date information about these resources and for referrals to individuals within each organization.
Associate Vice President/Center Executive Officer, North Idaho