University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

University of Idaho

Physical Address:
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Phone: 208-667-2588

Fax: 208-664-1272



U of I CDA Directory Directions

Student Resources

Coeur d’Alene Vandals confidently carve their own way to new beginnings. Along the way, your network of support includes the local center team, North Idaho College partners and our Vandal community across the state. Find key resources at the bottom of this page, and connect with Helena Harned for personalized support.

Account Set Up

Set up your Vandal accounts through ITS to access email, manage financial aid, engage through BBLearn and more.

If you’re using personal health insurance, submit that information by the first day of the semester to avoid a late fee.

Class Schedule and Registration

Access important registration dates and deadlines.

Each semester before you can register, you need to speak with an advisor. Your advisor will be listed at the top of your degree audit. Before your first appointment, they may request you wait until your official transcripts are processed by our transfer team.

Your role in preparing for advising is to have your accounts set up and suggestions of which courses you would like to take. Your advisor’s role is to help you streamline course selections and to be a professional mentor. In picking electives or looking toward grad school, ask for their guidance about what will make you stand out.

Check out the U of I Coeur d’Alene class schedule.

Each advisor’s contact preference is different (VandalStar, phone, email or Calendly).If you have trouble reaching your advisor or navigating the class schedule, reach out to

Once you’re in classes, you can check VandalWeb > Students > Registration > Textbook Express to get books. Feel free to email the instructor to confirm if a used/earlier edition will serve.

If you get on the wait list for a class, be sure to check your VandalMail every day. You will have 24 hours to claim a spot if it opens. Meanwhile, if you need to stay at a half- or full-time credit load for financial aid, register for a backup class. You can drop with no repercussions during the first 10 days of the semester.

Student Resources

There are many dates to remember for registration, financial aid, form submission deadlines and other critical activities. The sites below will help keep things organized.

Career Services appointments are available to you through your college's career advisor.

You also have access to Handshake, U of I’s state-of-the-art career management database. Access thousands of jobs and internships as well as a range of other services including campus interviewing and resume referrals.

The class schedule is searchable on VandalWeb or available via the links below.

There are two main locations for U of I courses in Coeur d'Alene

  • U of I Harbor Center: 1031 N. Academic Way in Coeur d'Alene. Free parking.
  • DeArmond College and University Center: 901 River Avenue in Coeur d'Alene. Parking permit through North Idaho College required before 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

Additional courses may be offered at the following locations:

  • Molstead Library: Located on the NIC campus. Parking permit through North Idaho College required before 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • U of I Research Park: 721 S. Lochsa Street in Post Falls. Free parking.

Classroom assignments are posted on the Class Schedule. If you cannot find your classroom, please contact our main line at 208-667-2588.

If you are enrolled at both North Idaho College (NIC) and U of I and want to receive financial aid, visit the Financial Aid office at NIC to complete a Concurrent Enrollment Form for each semester of concurrent enrollment. The form will be sent to the U of I Student Financial Aid Services office to document the number of credits taken each semester so financial aid can be awarded. Read detailed directions on the process of concurrent enrollment.

At the end of each semester in which you are concurrently enrolled, you need to provide U of I with an official copy of your NIC transcripts.

Free counseling services are available to you as a student benefit. All students who are enrolled in four or more U of I credits are eligible for individual or relationship counseling.

Please contact the Counseling & Testing Center at 208-885-6716 for referral to a Coeur d’Alene counselor.

For immediate mental health services, contact the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare at 208-769-1406. They offer services for adults, children and families who are in need of mental health treatment. Individuals will not be denied services based on inability to pay. A discounted sliding fee schedule is available based on family size and incomes.

The Office of the Dean of Students oversees judicial and administrative needs at U of I. For support ranging from processing a medical withdrawal to filing a VandalCARE report, contact the office of the Dean of Students.

The University of Idaho is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all the academic, social, cultural and recreational programs it offers. U of I Coeur d'Alene also is committed to this same philosophy and will work with every student, faculty and staff member in order to accommodate various needs. Contact the Center for Disability Access and Resources at 208-885-6307 or

The North Idaho Services Directory contains many resources for needs such as housing, finances, food, health and employment.

Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP)

The Idaho State Board of Education requires proof of valid health insurance as a condition of enrollment. This policy is mandatory for all Idaho public universities and colleges and applies to all degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students physically enrolled for classes or completing other required degree work within the state of Idaho.

The health insurance requirement applies to all international students enrolled at the Moscow campus or University of Idaho Centers regardless of degree-seeking status or credit hours. International students are required to purchase SHIP for themselves and their accompanying dependents, or provide evidence of comparable health insurance coverage that meets or exceeds the University of Idaho requirements. International students must complete a separate waiver process through the International Programs Office. Students who are covered by Medicaid will only be allowed to waive participation in the SHIP if the coverage is provided by the state of Washington or the state of Idaho.

The University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene does not offer student housing. See the links below for local business directories to explore housing options:

The North Idaho College Residence Hall may accept U of I students on a space-available basis.

The ITS Help Desk serves as the primary point of contact for U of I technology assistance statewide. Reach the team at or 208-885-4357.

Access the AirVandalGold network with your student login credentials or request the AirVandalGuest password from the front desk.

Printing and computers are available in the Harbor Center and the DeArmond building during business hours.

24-hour laptop checkout is also available for Coeur d'Alene students.


University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene students have access to the U of I and North Idaho College libraries. Information for distance education students is available at Library Services.

The NIC American Indian Student Center and U of I Native American Student Center both provide support and resources specifically for tribal students, including extra advising and tribal networking.

The Ombuds Office provides a confidential, impartial, informal and independent place to discuss university-related concerns, access information, clarify policies and procedures, discuss response options and get problem-solving assistance. Those using Ombud's services can remain anonymous, if they choose, and in control over what, if any, actions are taken. Use of the Ombuds Office is encouraged when problems arise and individuals are unsure of their options and/or need assistance when pursuing solutions. Contact 208-885-7668 or (Cannot guarantee confidentiality through email — useful for setting appointments).

No parking permits are required at the Harbor Center, 1031 N. Academic Way, or the Innovation Den, 418 E. Lakeside Ave.

An NIC permit is required to park in most areas of their campus.

Current U of I Coeur d'Alene students are eligible for a reduced membership rate at the North Idaho College Student Wellness and Recreation Center. To receive this rate, you must show a student ID and copy of your current class schedule.

The safety of our students, faculty and staff is a top priority at the U of I. Sign up for Vandal Alerts to receive emergency and closure updates.

Emergency Phone Numbers

  • Emergency Help — police/fire: 911
  • Coeur d'Alene Fire and Ambulance: 208-769-2340
  • Kootenai Medical Center: 208-666-2000
  • Kootenai County Crisis Line: 208-664-1443
  • Rape Crisis Line: 208-661-2522
  • North Idaho College Campus Security: 208-769-3310

Keep an eye on your email, @UICDA social media channels and digital screens at the Harbor Center and DeArmond building for event notices. Contact Helena at with any feedback or event suggestions.

A transfer pathway is an officially approved agreement used to assist students in taking the appropriate courses at a community college that will transfer for credit toward a bachelor's degree at the University of Idaho. These agreements are designed to help students make a seamless transition when transferring to U of I. View the complete list, including North Idaho College.

Check for your class in the U of I online tutoring offerings.

North Idaho College also offers group subject matter tutoring.

Gear up and show your school spirit with sweatshirts, T-shirts, novelty items and more. Items can be purchased online through the VandalStore.

We also have a few select items for sale at University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene Harbor Center. Stop by anytime during office hours and inquire at the front desk.

A VandalCard is your student ID card. Submit a request for your VandalCard from ITS.

VandalStar allows you to request help or to make appointments with certain staff, faculty and services. You may receive emails with action items, concerns, and kudos.

NIC and U of I Veterans Assistance have dedicated staff to help with GI Bill benefits and the transition to civilian life. Thank you for your service.

Find support through U of I and NIC for writing projects ranging from applications to research publications.

University of Idaho Writing Center

Meet with a U of I tutor virtually or receive written feedback on a draft. Contact the office at or 208-885-6644.

North Idaho College Writing Center

Face-to-face and online appointments are available. Contact the NIC Writing Center at 208-769-3298 or make an appointment online.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Stay Current on COVID-19

Learn More

Helena Harned

Student Support Specialist

Helena Harned


University of Idaho

Physical Address:
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Phone: 208-667-2588

Fax: 208-664-1272



U of I CDA Directory Directions