How to Apply
How to Apply
Are you a high school senior or a first-time-in-college student who wants to come to the U of I, but aren’t sure you have the grades? Are you looking to attend a top-tier university and receive the academic and social support you need?
Follow these steps to apply to the Gateway Program.
Step 1: Are you working with a U of I admissions counselor? If so, tell them you are interested in Gateway and they will answer your questions and put you in touch with the program.
Step 2: Schedule a conversation with Suzi Ball, Gateway Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 208-885-6178.
Step 3: Prepare U of I submission materials.
Gather three letters of recommendation.
Write a personal statement that includes the following:
- Why you feel Gateway is a good fit for you and your interest in participating
- Why you want to attend college
- There is more information required to include. When you speak with Suzi, the program coordinator, she will help you with this process. You can also find more information from the Admissions Committee.
Step 4: Submit the following materials:
- University of Idaho college application
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
Step 5: Once accepted, contact Gateway to schedule an appointment, and stay tuned for our Welcome Packet!
For students currently enrolled at the University of Idaho who want to join the Gateway Program in its entirety or who would like to opt-in to its services, please contact the program. We will work with you directly to enroll you in Gateway. We will work with you directly to help you decide which services fit your individual needs.