The College of Letters and Science Advising and Student Services advises first-year History majors. Information and help can be found at https://www.uidaho.edu/class/services/advising. Upon completion of the first year, those students who declare a History major will be assigned an advisor by the Department of History. Students may find out who their advisor is by checking their Degree Audit or by contacting the History Department office (visit Administration Building, Room 315, call 208-885-6253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Schedule regular appointments (minimum of one appointment each semester mandatory).
- Gather all necessary information and questions prior to meeting.
- Discuss any problems that impact academic performance.
- Know where to access accurate information about requirements, policies and procedures.
- Keep a personal record of your progress toward your degree (degree plan).