Competition Schedule and Livestream
Saturday - September 23, 2017
All Saturday events are:
- hosted in Haddock Recital in the Lionel Hampton School of Music.
- free and open to the public.
- live-streamed via the LHSOM’s YouTube live page. Click here to go to the live-stream.
9:00 a.m. - Carmine Caruso Clinic with Pat Harbison
Each finalist’s slot lasts no more than 30-minutes.10:30 a.m. - David Neves
11:30 a.m. - Justin Copeland
1:30 p.m. - Bruno Calvo Anillo
2:30 p.m. - Tony Glausi
3:30 p.m. - Josh Shpak
7:30 p.m. - Gala Concert
- Featuring the guest artists, finalists, competition trio, and the Palouse All-Star Big Band.
- The announcement of the winners will take place before the final tune.
Friday - September 22, 2017 (for competitors and guest artists only)All Friday events are private rehearsals and not open to the public or other competitors.
Each finalist will be assigned a 1.5 hour rehearsal with the competition rhythm section on Friday. This will be your only opportunity to rehearse with them, so you will need to address your entire 30-minute set in this time frame.
- 8:45 - TBD
- 10:30 - TBD
- 1:00 - TBD
- 2:45 - TBD
- 4:30 - TBD
- The Finalists do not need to attend this rehearsal.
- The band will play one chart alone.
- Each guest artist will play a feature with the band.
- There will be a combined tune for a closer that features the combined guest artists and competition winners.