Studying History's Musicians
Focus on music history in an intensive program designed for students who want to take their next steps as a music educator or scholar. Build the foundation for a doctoral degree and engage in the advanced study of music history, theory and literature. Students in this program complete a thesis, with mentorship from a first-class faculty of accomplished scholars.
- One-on-one attention and personal mentorship from our accomplished faculty
- Teaching assistantships available
- In-depth training in music performance, history, theory
- Personal mentorship in small classroom setting
- Access to nationally and internationally renowned performers and educators, including artists associated with the Auditorium Chamber Music Series and the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival