- There are 10 to 13 slots available
- Although not required, if you participate in the Audition Mode masterclasses, it is strongly encouraged that you also participate in the Mock Auditions. It is our goal to provide a safe and inviting learning environment during this fantastic opportunity!
- If you are interested in participating in the Audition Mode seminar and Mock Auditions, please fill out this form which can also be found in the Proposal Submission link to the left.
- All excerpts must be prepared in order to participate in the Audition Mode Mock Audition. As a masterclass participant, you will be coached on the one excerpt you have chosen or been assigned. Be sure to attend all Audition Mode masterclasses to get more information on how to prepare all excerpts.
- A list of required excerpts compiled by Ms. Tryon and Mr. Pituch can be found here.
- To aid in preparation, the excerpts required - with audio examples - can be found on the International Horn Society Excerpts page.
- Please look at the Symposium Schedule to find out when Audition Mode will take place throughout the symposium.
- Participants will perform a work by their choice, limited to less than 8 minutes and are limited to an ensemble size between two (2) and six (6) players. All players in the ensemble must be a horn player and play a standard horn (Wagner tuben, natural horns, and descant horns are acceptable).
- Participants must use originals (purchase, borrow from a friend, interlibrary loan, etc...)
- Once you have developed an ensemble, please fill out this form, which can also be found in the Proposal Submission menu (to the left).
- Winner(s) of the competition will be invited to perform on the symposium's final concert.