CLASS Student Emergency Fund
The CLASS Student Emergency Fund provides financial assistance to students registered in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Idaho who are experiencing unanticipated financial hardships resulting from an emergency (e.g., illness, accident, loss of income). Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for this assistance, which has been provided by our donors and alumni stakeholders' generosity. The college will award funds as grants to help alleviate short-term financial needs. These grants are not loans, and you do not need to repay them. However, they are considered taxable income. This grant may affect your current and future financial aid package.
Criteria for approval and granted amounts will be based on available funds, documentation of need, and eligibility. Applicants may be required to meet with the Associate Dean of Undergraduate/Graduate Studies to evaluate their options. The cap for the award is $500, and students may only receive one award during the academic year.
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of five credits at the University of Idaho College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences. Priority will be given to students enrolled full time (over 12 credits), but consideration will also be given to part-time students.
- Experiencing financial hardship resulting from an emergency or crisis and providing sufficient documentation of financial need (including billing statements, receipts, etc.).
- Homelessness due to loss of housing or threat of eviction
- Domestic violence
- Destruction of housing due to fire or natural disaster
- Theft of essential belongings
- Overdue bills (medical, rent, utility turn-off notice)
- Temporary job loss
- Unexpected medical emergency
- Child Care
- Technology/Internet connection
Examples of needs that will not be considered include, but are not limited to, legal fees, credit card debt and previous educational debt.
The college dean's office will review your application, and we will notify you by your Vandal email account of your status. If you have questions about the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow five full business days for us to respond to your application.