Idaho Section of the Society for Range Management and University of Idaho Rangeland Center presents:
Riparian Management and Research on the Rinker Rock Creek Ranch:
A Webinar and Virtual Tour
Friday, June 19, 2020
9:00 - 11:30 MST
- 9:00 - 9:10: Introduction and Welcome from Eric Winford and Ruth Luke.
- 9:10 - 9:30: Cameron Packer - Introduction to Rinker Rock Creek Ranch, covering the history and background of how the Ranch came to be a UI Research facility along with land ownership, current focus, the collaborative partners in research and management practices.
- 9:30 - 10:00: Melinda Ellison - Current research on browsing impact on willows, monitoring and separating out livestock and other large ungulate use (elk, moose, deer). Will cover the purpose, methods, preliminary results with the addition of pre recorded drone imagery.
- 10:00 - 10:30: Tracey Johnson - Co-existing and benefitting livestock grazing and sage grouse in wet meadows. Includes pre recorded drone imagery.
- 10:30 - 11:00: Wyatt Prescott - Managing livestock in riparian areas for both production and habitat.
- 11:00 - 11:30: Mike Kuyper - Managing/retro fitting livestock water developments for resource and wildlife benefits while maintaining quality livestock water source. Includes pre recorded ground video of drone imagery.
- 11:30: Closing by Eric Winford and Ruth Luke.
Please Register at: