Please review the criteria before beginning the application
Enrollment is limited—apply early.
Students who satisfy all the criteria below will be considered for the Semester in the Wild program.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or completed from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Submit a written statement showing strong interest in natural resources, environmental writing and history and outdoor pursuits. Demonstrate your ability to live and learn in a wilderness setting and, most importantly, your ability to be a productive member of a close-knit community and develop positive relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Have two references email us strong letters of recommendation expressing knowledge of your academic aptitude, potential for living and learning in a wilderness setting, and your ability to develop positive relationships.
- Submit a resume reflecting your interests and experiences that are congruent with the Semester In The Wild program.