Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, P.S.M.
Healthy Living Through Recreation
The Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Professional Science Master (PSM) degree is an online multidisciplinary graduate degree under the U of I College of Graduate Studies umbrella. It encompasses three programs:
- Water Resources
- Precision Nutrition for Animal and Human Health
- Sustainable Soil and Land Systems
The PSM allows you to pursue advanced training while simultaneously developing workplace skills.
You will be taught by the same world-class faculty from the University of Idaho as a student taking on-campus courses.
This online program is designed for you to complete it in 2 or 2.5 years.
The PSM aligns with the competency elements of an ideal Master of Science degree as recommended by the Council of Graduate Schools and the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine. Career readiness competencies are also informed by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
The PSM has the following minimum requirements:
- 30 credits total in the degree
- 12 credits of PSM core courses
- 15 credits of core courses (science discipline)
- A 3-credit experiential / research component (Meets NTR requirement)
- Earn your degree while already employed. Maintain your family, community and seasonal commitments, and get the flexibility to fit courses into a busy schedule.
- Advance your career. Gain advanced training while simultaneously developing workplace skills.
- Access quality content. Join an PSM association-approved program taught by the same world-class faculty from the University of Idaho as a student taking on-campus courses.
- Pay in-state tuition. Students at the University of Idaho taking online courses are charged resident (in-state) tuition courses regardless of their place of residence, provided they only register for online classes. See Student Accounts for more information on the per course and per semester cost.
- Enjoy Vandal resources. Access to the U of I library’s subscriptions databases is available at no cost to all our graduate students.