Tents, Sleeping Bags & Camping Gear
The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free. To check equipment availability, call 208-885-6170.
External Frame Pack - Kelty | $12
Internal Frame Pack - North Face, Lowe Alpine, Quest or Osprey | $12
Bear Canister | $5
Bikepacking Packages - Giant Handlebar, Frame or Revelate Seat Bag | $32
Individual - Giant Handlebar, Frame or Revelate Seat Bag | $12
1-2 person Alpine Mystique for backpacking | $16
2-3 person for car camping or backpacking | $15
4 person big tent with lots of room $19
2-person Spire for climbing or backpacking | $20
2- to 3-person Trango 3.1 bombproof mountain tent | $24
Summer Weight Synthetic | $11
Winter Weight Synthetic | $13
Ensolite Closed Cell | $4
Open Cell Foam in Water-Resistant Cover | $4
Coolers, Stoves & More
Cooler - 80, 105, and 123 quart | $12
Cooler - 160, 175, and 210 quart | $20
Dry Box - York Pack 80 quart | $11
MSR Whisperlight with fuel | $9
Coleman 2-Burner Camp Stove with fuel | $11
Roll-a-table | $8
Fire Pan | $5
Extra Fuel Bottle | $4
Cooking Pot - 1- or 2-Quart Stainless Steel | $4
Lantern - Coleman with fuel | $11
First Aid Kit | $4
Camp Chair | $6
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. Current UI students receive a discount on all rentals with their Vandal ID.
The UI Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted with payment at the rental center.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after 5 days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment at the rental center.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.