Host an Information Session
Whether you want to engage with our students virtually or on campus, it’s easy to schedule an information session!
To best plan and market your session to our students, please submit virtual session requests in Handshake at least three weeks before the event date. On-campus sessions require at least four weeks notice.
Log on to Handshake:
- Click Events in the left-hand navigation bar, then click Request Event in the top right.
- Complete the fields and click Save. Your event request will be reviewed by an Employer Relations representative.
Turn on Handshake notifications to ensure you receive communications from our staff. Manage notification settings by clicking your name in the top right, then User Settings and Notification Preferences.
Are you new to virtual recruiting or do you need a digital reboot? Follow these four easy steps in Handshake’s guide to hosting virtual recruiting events.
If you have questions about submitting an event request, please visit the Handshake’s Help Center. You may also contact Employer Relations at 208-885-6121 or email@example.com.
Ways to optimize your virtual event:
- Tuesdays through Thursdays are the best weekdays to host an event.
- School: Search for University of Idaho. Make sure you’ve added us to your Favorites list and that you are approved to post events with us.
- Date: We recommend clicking the small calendar icons to select dates
- Time Zones: The Moscow main campus and Coeur d’Alene Center are on Pacific Time. The Boise and Idaho Falls Centers are on Mountain Time.
- Branding Image: Include your organization’s logo to enhance marketing of your session. If you have a logo for your company profile on Handshake, it will load automatically. If not, or you want to use a different one, click the pencil icon to upload a new image.
- Description: Explain to students what you will discuss, include features or highlights of your session such as speakers, office 360 tours or panel members, and if applicable, consider mentioning your target majors or class years.
Our Employer Relations team is eager to assist creating and scheduling your on-campus session. Find answers to common questions below and call or email us at 208-885-6121 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your event.
A staff member will meet you 15-20 minutes before your event begins to assist with setup. We can provide basic media needs, including connections for HDMI and VGA. Many event spaces also have audio. Please mention media needs in advance as it can be difficult or impossible to accommodate day-of.
Career Services is pleased to provide a complimentary campus parking permit to recruiters; our team will contact you with details after confirming your visit. Alternatively, you may purchase a Visitor Permit for $3 online in advance of your visit. For hourly visits to campus, you may pay at self-serve stations or SmartMeter spaces.
Campus Dining Services by Sodexo has been contracted by the University of Idaho to provide all on-campus food and beverage service.
Catering arrangements and menu selections should be confirmed within 10 business days of your event. While Dining Services can occasionally accommodate needs with less lead time, sufficient notice allows them to schedule production and staffing. An additional fee will be assessed to all orders placed less than 10 business days prior to your event.
Please work with the Catering Office at (208) 885-2576.
Groups or individuals with room reservations in the Idaho Student Union Building (ISUB) or Bruce Pitman Center that fail to provide 24-hour written notice of cancellation or fail to show at all will be charged a $25 cancellation fee, assessed by Events & Support Services.