Some students with disabilities are eligible for testing accommodations. These students may take their exams at CDAR Testing Services. Accommodations may vary for each individual depending on the nature of the disability and the documentation provided to CDAR.
If you have an exam accommodation which involves additional time, it will not apply to take-home or online exams which have durations of 24-hours or more. Student’s in need of additional support to access material in an online setting (screen reader, etc.), please reach out to email@example.com as soon as possible for assistance in how to use built-in accessibility features or pair software with the programs used during exams.
Scheduling Exams through Access Portal
All accommodated exams which students intend to take at CDAR Testing Services will be scheduled through the CDAR Access Portal.
- Once logged into the CDAR Access Portal, under “My Accommodations” click on “Alternative Testing”
- Select the class in which you need to schedule an exam from the drop-down menu in the “Alternative Testing Agreements” box.
- Click “Schedule an Exam” and provide the requested information. Note: In the cream colored box, the course Instructor has provided flexible scheduling parameters which will guide the student in accurately scheduling their exams when scheduling conflicts occur.
- Click “Add Exam Request” to submit the exam scheduling request.
- Click “Back to Testing Requests Overview” to return to the Alternative Testing page. From here you can view exam requests by clicking “Upcoming Exam Requests” or continue to schedule additional exams by repeating steps 3 & 4.
Request an Alternate Exam Time
- Download the Alternate Exam Time Confirmation Form form
- Complete the form and collect needed instructor signature.
- Return the signed and completed form to CDAR Testing Services office in room 056 of the Bruce M. Pitman Center at least 7 days prior to the in class exam.
Policy & Procedures
- Login to the CDAR Access Portal.
- Click on the Alternative Testing tab on the left.
- Choose the exam scheduling request from the Upcoming Exam Requests list that needs to be cancelled or modified.
- Click "Modify" or "Cancel"
- Complete form.
Designated testing space has been reserved for each scheduled request. Students will have no longer than the time reserved to take their exam.
Final exams for Fall 2020 will be delivered via an online platform. CDAR Testing Services will be available to assist students as needed.
Students with accommodations that do not transfer well to new exam formats should contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the exam day for assistance.
When taking a restroom break during an exam, the student should take the exam to the proctor to secure until their return. The allotted time for the exam will not be adjusted.
Students must abide by Article II, Sections 1 through 4 of the University Of Idaho Student Code Of Conduct.
- Cheating on classroom or outside assignments, examinations or tests is a violation of this code.
- Plagiarism, falsification of academic records and the acquisition or use of test materials without faculty authorization are considered forms of academic dishonesty and, as such, are violations of this code.
- Because academic honesty and integrity are core values at a university, the faculty finds that even one incident of academic dishonesty seriously and critically endangers the essential operation of the university and may merit expulsion. [rev. 7-98]
- The operation of U of I requires the accuracy and protection of its records and documents. To use, make, forge, print, reproduce, copy, alter, remove, or destroy any record, document, or identification used or maintained by U of I violates this code when done with intent to defraud or misinform.