Yellow Ribbon Program
The University of Idaho is a Yellow Ribbon Program school. This means:
- All Idaho resident tuition and fees are paid by the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
- 100 percent of out-of-state tuition is covered through an agreement between the University of Idaho and the Veterans Administration.
- Around 75 Yellow Ribbon placements are available to students each academic year.
- Placements are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with currently enrolled students grandfathered into the program. When placements are filled, applicants are placed on a wait-list.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Be approved for VA Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits at 100 percent
- Be admitted to the University of Idaho
The following are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
- Active Duty personnel
- Spouses of Active Duty personnel using Transferred Entitlement
- Fry Scholarship recipients who attended terms that began prior to August 1, 2018
- PDF copy of your GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility
You can apply for initial application and acceptance into the program on the GI Bill® Certification form.
Only apply if you do NOT qualify as an Idaho resident for tuition purposes.