Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act (Choice Act) requires that all public postsecondary institutions offer in-state tuition rates to all eligible veterans and their dependents, regardless of state residency status.
Visit the Section 702 of the Choice Act Fact Sheet
You can apply for a Choice Act Waiver when you fill out the GI Bill Enrollment Certification form.
What Do I Need to Qualify?
- Chapter 30,31 and 33 Service Members
- Service members must be within three years of separation from service. The Certificate of Eligibility or DD 214 will serve as evidence.
- Reside in Idaho; proof of domicile is required (lease agreement, water bill, utility bill, etc.)
- Residence on campus: For residence halls, we will determine your Idaho domicile by reviewing your student account bill. For fraternities or sororities, students must provide a copy of their house bill.
- Students who qualify for the Choice Act must continuously enroll for courses to maintain that qualification. Full time enrollment is not required to receive the Choice Act Waiver
- Chapter 33 Dependents
- A spouse or child using transferred benefits who resides in Idaho and can show proof of domicile (see above) and enrolls in the University within three years of the transferor’s discharge from active duty.
- The spouse or child must maintain continuous enrollment to maintain qualification for the Choice Act.
- A spouse or child using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship who resides in Idaho and can show proof of domicile and enrolls in the school within three years of the Servicemember’s death in the line of duty following a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
Yellow Ribbon Program