Personal Training Policy
It is University of Idaho Recreation and Wellbeing's policy that only individuals specifically employed as personal trainers by the Student Recreation Center (SRC) are permitted to perform any type of personal training/instruction within the SRC. This includes one-on-one, partners, small groups, etc.
Any individual, not currently employed by the SRC as a personal trainer, who is observed to be providing unauthorized personal training/instruction services to another individual in the SRC will have his/her SRC privileges suspended or revoked. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the type of behavior considered to be personal training/instruction:
- Providing frequent equipment selection and adjustments for another individual.
- Writing or designing programs for another individual.
- Frequently explaining and providing exercise technique or correction for another individual.
- Guiding or following an individual around the facility and telling him/her what exercises to perform or how to do so.
- Receiving compensation or personal gain of any kind for assisting another individual with his/her workout.
The following are reasons why personal trainers not employed by the SRC are not allowed to provide personal training/instruction within the SRC:
- The SRC cannot adequately control the quality of personal training/instruction from individuals who are not employed by the SRC. These individuals may not have adequate academic background, ability, training or experience to correctly train clients, which may put facility participants at risk of injury.
- Individuals not employed by the SRC have not been trained by the SRC staff with regard to facility policies, rules, guidelines, procedures or standards, and therefore are unauthorized trainers.
All SRC policies are consistent with UI policies regarding discrimination (see FSH 3200, 3210, 3215). Failure to comply with this and other SRC policies may result in suspension or permanent loss of SRC privileges.
Student Recreation Center Policy & Procedures
SRC's policies and rules are enforced to ensure the safety and well-being of patrons within the Student Recreation Center.