Vandal Gem Auditions
Vandal Gem Audition Material
In efforts to help keep everyone safe during these times of COVID-19, we will be doing the first round video only.
- Applications are due April 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST.
- First round videos due May 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST.
- Those making it to final round will be notified by May 8, 2020 via email.
- Final round is tentatively set for the weekend of May 22, 2020. Depending on information regarding COVID-19, details may change.
Listed below are the requirements for first round auditions:
- Short introduction of yourself and why you want to be part of the Vandal Spirit Squad.
- Right double and triple pirouettes
- Left double and triple pirouettes
- At least two eight counts of an a la secondes sequence
- High chaine - low chaine - calypso
- Right or left jete leap
- Right and left fan kicks
- Right and left kicks to the front
- Right and left splits
- Fight Song
- Suit and Tie Jazz Routine
- Chant - Get Up and Get Em
Fight song- you may choose any ripple you would like as long as you keep the same ripple throughout the entire dance. In place of tumbling at the end, please add double pirouette.
- Fight song counts (video)
- Fight song with music (use as reference- 3:30 minutes in) (video)
- Jazz Routine (video)
- Jazz routine song (video)
- Chant (video)